Sunday, November 04, 2007

From the Ghetto!


These are the girls that we took to a MOPS (mothers of preschoolers convention) in Dallas this past weekend. Although I didn't go to it I heard a lot of stories. I believe this pictures is the girls and the founder of MOPS. I was a little worried because lets be honest, MOPS is basically white, upper class women. Most of them don't have a clue about anyone "urban". I was afraid that these women would look down on the girls and be rude. During some of the talks they mentioned reaching out "minorities" which made our girls laugh cause they were already there! Some of the speakers were moved to tears when the girls talked about their lives and how they have changed for the Lord. I think it was an AWESOME learning experience for both groups. Our girls learned new things about being leaders and the women there learned...those ghetto girls are pretty funny...honest and dealing with real things....maybe they found some common ground.
 
 

About Me